A collection of more than 1000 oral histories from the holdings of UTSA Libraries Special Collections. The bulk of the interviews in this collection are part of the Institute of Texan Cultures Oral History Collection.
Other oral histories in the collection include the following:
- Archives for Research on Women and Gender Oral History Project. In 1997 the UTSA Center for the Study of Women and Gender (CSWG) and the Archives for Research on Women and Gender (ARWG) initiated an oral history project with a select number of San Antonio women who have made significant contributions to the community. View the collection guide.
- Department of Bicultural-Bilingual Studies Oral History Collection. These oral histories were conducted in the Spring 2009 semester of the Mexican American Culture (BBL 3023) course taught by Dr. Marie Miranda. The course is a survey of Mexican American cultural distinctiveness in the areas of biculturalism, cultural production, and social organization. Topics may include family and kinship, folklore, health, language, music, and religion. This course examined Chicana/o popular culture focusing on rock ‘n’ roll. View the collection guide.
- College of Liberal and Fine Arts Oral History Program Collection. The College of Liberal and Fine Arts (COLFA) at the University of Texas at San Antonio Oral History Program provides an opportunity for select students to conduct original oral history research. View the collection guide.
- UTSA Libraries Special Collections Oral History Collection. The general oral history collection of University of Texas at San Antonio Libraries Special Collections, covering a wide range of topics. View the collection guide.
- UTSA Libraries Special Collections Veteran's History Project. The oral histories in this collection were all completed as class projects in various courses taught Jerri Dee Mitchell, UTSA Department of History, and comply with the standards of the Library of Congress, American Folklife Center's Veterans History Project. View the collection guide.
View Digitized Content